Aptamer Interpretive Dance

Well, this has seemingly gone viral through the interwebs today. It is an interpretive dance about aptamer selection. I laughed my butt off, but she has done a pretty good job. I would suggest more "interactions" of potential oligonucleotides and the "target" bullseye girl. But I like that the ones that interact all do the same dance and have the same color shirts. And check out the Thriller guy. Freaking awesome.

Selection of a DNA aptamer for homocysteine using SELEX from Maureen McKeague on Vimeo.

This PhD candidate has made it to the final 4 in the AAAS "Dance Your Ph.D." competition. To view the other finalists and see all of the 2010 entries, check out: http://gonzolabs.org/dance/.

There is even one from UT: http://vimeo.com/14503172. The longhorns look positively riveted! And the guy in the video you may recognise from Andy's lab as he is one of the administrative assistants.

6 comments:

jialing.fang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jialing.fang said...

We should make a video like tis. All freshmen would want to join our stream.

Anonymous said...

Bahahahahaha. This is quite awesome, aptamates everywhere are gleeks?

Adaobi Anyiwo said...

I totally agree with jialing.fang This would totally be an awesome advertising idea for freshmen! lol

Unknown said...

This is how you guys could win at the next poster session.

Mayank Aranke said...

Awesome. I'm going to play this the next time someone asks me what I do in lab.