1.) Identify and order commercially available transcription factors.
- Where and how will you look for these (hint: you have to buy them, so why not Google 'transcription factor' and 'price' or 'catalog')?
- How will you figure out which transcription factors are interesting?
3.) After multiple rounds clone and sequence binding species.
4.) Identify binding motifs.
- How will you identify binding motifs?
- How will you do these comparisons?
- Has anyone done this before? What does the primary literature look like?
- Can double-stranded DNA 'decoys' of transcription factors be used as drugs? How might this work? Has anyone done this?
- How could your data be used to find otherwise unknown transcription factor binding sites in a genome?
- How could your data be used to map transcriptional networks in a newly sequenced genome?
- How could you get data on multiple transcription factors simultaneously or in parallel?