There will be a common welcome and poster session in the Texas Union Welcome Room from 1pm-3pm. In addition, I will host a number of lab tours with your help.
- Companies with substantial College of Natural Sciences (CNS) undergraduate research (UGR) relationship
- Companies with current CNS relationships that we hope to nurture
- Educational, Medical and Graduate Programs
- Other colleges, UT Administration
- FRI Advisory Council (and associates)
A.) Lab Enthusiasm
These visitors want to talk to you – not me. Therefore, I want enthusiastic students to be engaged in research and available to chat with our visitors about what we do and why it matters. I need all levels of students and mentors and alumni. Please reply below (comment) if you are willing and able. As the event approaches, I will "groom" you on the tenants of the FRI and what to say (like I did with the poster), but I really want your enthusiasm to show through. Be ready to talk about YOUR project, why you chose it, what your target does in the body or pathway and what aptamers could do against your target.
B.) Walking tour guides (get people from lab to lab).
Above all, never underestimate the power of networking. Consider this an opportunity to network with very focused individuals who are excited about what you do. I've never gotten a job by applying with resumes. They have all been due to networking and communication at the human level.